DELOS IS AN INDEPENDANT ARBITRATION INSTITUTION THAT PROVIDES AN INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO COMMERCIAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION
DELOS's COMMITMENT TO THE IA COMMUNITY
Delos has created an open access arbitrator database. It includes arbitrators who can sit in ad hoc and institutional arbitrations, in all seats and under all procedural rules, across a wide range of areas of expertise. You can use the search fields to put together an initial list of arbitrators who possess the requisite attributes for your case.
Any arbitrator or aspiring arbitrator can register to be included in the database for free by signing up here as a free Delos member. You will then be able to fill out your profile, and choose which fields to disclose only to Delos for appointment by Delos, and which fields to make publicly available in this database.
This initiative is part of Delos's commitment to diversity.
Delos has initiated four webinar series:
- In conversation with Neil (2020-2021), where Neil Kaplan explored the careers and personal stories of his guests with Chiann Bao.
- TagTime (2020-present), which features leaders from the world of international arbitration in substantive discussion of well-known cases and relevant case material, with co-hosts Dr Kabir Duggal and Amanda Lee.
- Café Arbitral (2022-2023): tiene como objetivo cubrir cuestiones sustantivas del mundo del arbitraje internacional a través de paneles de destacados profesionales, 100% en lengua española, con Cecilia Flores Rueda y Luis Miguel Velarde Saffer.
- A Case In Time (2023-present), which aims to provide practitioners and anyone with a substantive interest in international arbitration with weekly insights into significant arbitration-related case law from around the world. The series combines weekly 30mn pinpoints with a comparative law angle: our Headnote entries, and monthly 90mn deep dives into landmark court decisions: our Journal entries. These events build on Delos's leading practitioner Guide to Arbitration Places (GAP).
Delos has put together the following:
- a resource page on contractual and legal issues arising from the coronavirus impact on business contracts;
- a checklist for holding arbitration and mediation hearings in times of COVID-19 (in Chinese here), which was nominated for the 2020 GAR Pandemic Response Award; and
- a mapping of relevant resources on holding remote or virtual arbitration and mediation hearings.
Delos also supported and published the findings of a survey of users' views and experiences of remote hearings (see here).
Delos finally launched a comprehensive suite of hearing services, available internationally. This includes an access initiative for smaller value disputes.
The Inaugural Events Series provided an opportunity for exchange with the arbitration community about the Delos approach to arbitration and its emphasis on time and cost efficiency, combined with quality and flexibility.
- 15 March 2018 – Hong Kong, in conjunction with the 2018 Vis East Moot
- 11 April 2018 – Paris, as part of the 2018 Paris Arbitration Week
- 25 October 2018 – São Paulo, as part of the 2018 São Paulo Arbitration Week (first SPAW edition)
- 6 November 2018 – Madrid, in conjunction with the Club Español del Arbitraje (CEA)
- 14 November 2018 – Dubai, as part of the 2018 Dubai Arbitration Week
- 11 December 2018 – New York, with the support of the NYIAC
- 5 March 2019 - Singapore, in conjunction with AFIA