A RESPONSIVE AND DYNAMIC INSTITUTION
DELOS COMBINES QUALITY AND FLEXIBILITY WITH TIME AND COST EFFICIENCY TO HELP REDUCE RISK FOR BUSINESSES GLOBALLY
About Delos arbitrators
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of international arbitration, and an in-depth understanding of the Delos Rules of Arbitration;
- Are committed to the Delos philosophy of providing a quality-driven, quick and cost-effective process;
- Have the availability to allocate the time necessary to determine the dispute, within the time period set by Delos;
- Generally, have experience of the region, and the sector and/or industry in which the dispute arises, and knowledge of the law governing the applicable contract(s); and
- Include practising lawyers who are members of all of the major bars and law societies, and are affiliated with all of the major arbitration bodies.
How Delos selects arbitrators
Whenever Delos is called upon or required to nominate an arbitrator, Delos will seek to designate the best suited candidate for the dispute in question. For this reason, Delos does not maintain a formal list of potential arbitrators.
In exercising its discretion, Delos will consider the following:
- the law(s) applicable to the dispute, the nationality of the parties, the language of the arbitration and of the underlying materials, and the seat of the arbitration;
- familiarity with the region, sector and/or industry of the dispute, both from a business perspective and in terms of legal specialisation and legal culture, as relevant;
- the complexity of the dispute and the nature of the parties;
- the experience of the candidate as an arbitrator, and in international arbitration more generally, together with familiarity with the Delos proactive approach to arbitration;
- the availability of the candidate and their likely perception by the parties in terms of independence and impartiality; and
- in the case of a three-member tribunal, the likely balance between the tribunal members.
In the event that more than one candidate is well-suited and likely available for nomination, Delos will take into account questions of diversity.
Join the Delos network of potential arbitrators
While Delos does not maintain a formal list of potential arbitrators, Delos will take account of registrations in striving to nominate, at its entire discretion, the best suited candidate(s) for each case.
To join the Delos network of potential arbitrators, register here as a free member of Delos. Then, from the drop-down menu, select 'Arbitrator Profile'. You can edit and update your profile at your convenience. If you are already logged in as a member, click here to go straight to your arbitrator profile page.
In case of questions, you can write to the Delos Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.