These notes are to help you fill out the form, so that we can feature your arbitration event rapidly. If you would like to use another language than English, please allow additional time for our review. Thank you.
- Title: the title of your event.
- Text box: describe your event. The “visual” tab allows you to see how the text will display once formatted; the “text” tab is if you want to work in CSS. This is a good place to put in a paragraph or more about the topic, the event programme and the speaker bios. If you have a flyer picture for the event, hold on to this: there is another part of the form for it (second column: featured image).
- Date and Time: insert the date and time for your event, including the approximative end time. Important: when you insert your time, do so as CET (e.g. Paris, Geneva) – and, in the box labelled “Notes on the time”, add the local time zone for the event and the corresponding time. For example, if you have an event in São Paulo taking place at 9.30am-11am local time in July, then insert the time as 2.30pm-4pm and, in the “Notes on the time”, write “BRT 9.30am-11am”. This way your reader will know what the correct event time is (which will display first), and the ‘add to calendar’ feature, which is based on CET, will provide the correct time to participants wherever they may be. If you are not sure what is the time of your event in CET, Google “time now in Paris” and you will get the current time difference; be careful around the time when clocks change to summer/winter time.
- Hourly Schedule: use this if your event is taking place over several days.
- Event Location: use this to indicate the location of your event. If it is virtual, then select "Online". If the location is not in the list, then click the option in the list “Insert a new location”, and this will bring up additional fields to specify your location. You do not need to indicate the latitude and longitude, the address is enough. For example, if your event is taking place at law firm ABCD LLP, located at 18 EFG Street, in Dubai, UAE, then indicate: “ABCD LLP” in the “Location Name” box; “18 EFG Street, Dubai, UAE” in the “Event Location” box, and the relevant location’s website if there is one. A map for the location will display automatically unless you tick the box not to display the map or if the location hasn’t been found.
- Event Main Organizer: if the event organiser is not already in the list, then click “Insert a new organizer” and fill out the relevant details. You can add the organiser’s logo. We recommend you use small pictures (max. 300kb), and squares or portrait rectangles rather than landscape rectangles, if you would like the logo to display harmoniously. If there are multiple organisers, we recommend that, under “Name”, you write the names of all of the organisers and, for the picture, use a file combining the different logos (if they are not on the flyer picture). If you have a main organiser and supporting organisers, and would like to make a distinction, but the supporting organisations are not found in the list of “Other organisations”, you can tell us about this in the “Notes to Reviewer”.
- Notes to Reviewer: here you can provide notes for us to take into account when reviewing and approving your event. For example, you can tell us if you need us to review your event urgently. Otherwise, it may take a few days for us to get back to you.
- User Data: tell us who you are, so that we can contact you in case of questions about your event and let you know when it is live!
- Event Links: place under “More Info” the link or e-mail address for participants to register for your event (not under “Event Link”). You can change the text “More Information” to “Registration” or anything else you think is appropriate. The window setting should be changed to “New Window”.
- Event Cost: let participants know here whether the event is free or paying, and the cost. If there are differentiated costs depending on whether participants are members, you can indicate here that it is “Paying – see event description” and, in the initial text box (first column), provide the pricing detail.
- Featured Image: upload here any flyer for your event. We recommend landscape rectangles over other shapes.
- Categories: tick all that apply, to help people search for your event!
- Tags: add here any that you think are appropriate, separated by commas. For example, if your event is about conflicts of interest in arbitration, you might write: “arbitration, conflicts of interest, IBA Guidelines on Conflicts of Interest”.
Once you are done, click the “Submit” button. We will review your event and get back to you, often within a few days. Thank you!