ALL OF YOUR HEARING SERVICES NEEDS
ALL OF YOUR HEARING SERVICES NEEDS
Delos brings to you a full-service offering for all of your arbitration hearing needs, internationally. In particular, we can arrange in-person hearings in London and Paris (subject to lockdowns), fully virtual hearings globally, and hybrid setups tailored to your circumstances; and if your requirements change, we will change with them. Enquire with us at email@example.com.
We work with leading industry providers, particularly Epiq, Law In Order and Opus 2, to provide you with transcription services, electronic presentation of evidence (EPE), electronic bundles, interpretation and live broadcasts: find out more below.
Click here for guidance and resources on remote and virtual hearings; and let us know if the total amount in dispute for your matter is below EUR 5m (i.e. Tier 1 of the Delos Time and Costs Schedules), we will ensure reduced rates as part of our commitment to providing access to justice, which includes access to suitable and affordable facilities.
CONVENTIONAL IN-PERSON HEARINGS
Delos and its strategic partners offer hearing premises in several of the major arbitration hubs around the world. We work with conveniently located facilities that can be customised to your specific arbitration requirements at the most competitive price. See here for our facilities in Paris.
The daily cost (excl. VAT, setup, catering, which can also be arranged, and the additional services described below such as a hybrid setup) typically varies between approximately EUR 2200-2800 for each side depending on the specific needs of the hearing.
We are also building out our new premises in the heart of the arbitration world in London and expect to take bookings there for your London-based hearing needs shortly. Find out more about LONDAP here.
FULLY REMOTE OR VIRTUAL HEARINGS
Such hearings do not have one main physical venue standing as the hearing centre. Instead, participants connect remotely from several locations.
This is a cloud-based comprehensive audio/video-conferencing solution, including secure break-out rooms, virtual venue locking, private chat functionality and screen-sharing. As part of the service we will accompany you on setup, testing and managing the virtual hearing venue during the hearing.
For a smooth experience, we offer you a choice of the most appropriate services for your hearing and make sure everything is set up and tested beforehand. We provide data privacy and security in a user-friendly manner. Furthermore, throughout the hearing, an operator is available to avoid the hearing participants getting distracted by the technology and to troubleshoot any issues.
The daily cost (excl. VAT, setup and the additional services described below) typically varies between a total for both sides of approximately EUR 850-1200 depending on the specific needs of the hearing.
Increasingly in present times, we are being asked for a mix between fully virtual or remote hearings and fully in-person hearings. A hybrid hearing allows for maximum flexibility by accommodating those who can attend in person with those who cannot. All of the above services can be adapted to cater for all of the varieties of semi-remote, hybrid and mixed venue hearings, including finding suitable locations, connecting them up and converting hearings or part of the setup from one format to another. Delos's offering is comprehensive.
ADDITIONAL HEARING SERVICES
As a one-stop solution, Delos can arrange the following for your hearing, notably with its experienced technology providers Epiq and Law In Order:
- Transcription services. Users can choose between real-time (i.e. live transcript), end-of-day and next day solutions. We can put everything into place, seek quotes and even arrange for users' usual (independent) court reporters to provide these services. In a virtual setting, the transcript can be synchronised with the audio recording of the hearing.
- Electronic presentation of evidence (EPE). An experienced EPE operator will take care of displaying and navigating the evidence whenever required during the hearing. This may be in support of oral submissions by showing the evidence called by counsel; it can also help make cross-examinations more effective by seamlessly presenting the evidence under discussion, and enlarging and/or highlighting the passages referred to by counsel or the tribunal. Documents can be displayed side-by-side, annotated and the annotations saved in order to be added to the record.
- Electronic bundles. This allows you to access all of your case documents, the record, the transcript and the presentation of evidence during the hearing all in one single connected environment, from within the security of your private workspace.
- Interpretation. Whether your hearing requires simultaneous or consecutive interpretation, this can be arranged even in a fully virtual setting. We can also assist with identifying suitable interpreters.
- Live broadcast. There are instances where counsel need the hearing to be broadcast securely to their teams not present at the hearing, or where access needs to be provided to the general public. This and variations can all be arranged.
In addition to the above, it may also be possible to arrange for equipment rental. This can be discussed at the time of making a booking.
For enquiries, please contact Laurent Hausmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.