Delos offers parties the opportunity to register their contracts containing a Delos arbitration clause. Registration is free and can be done by e-mailing your contract to email@example.com.
Parties are encouraged to register their contract promptly following its signature. Delos will, however, accept to register a contract at any time, provided that it has been communicated to Delos prior to commencing an arbitration.
Upon registration, Delos provides the parties with a unique Contract Registration Number (CRN). Having a CRN gives parties a number of benefits:
- parties can retrieve a copy of their contracts from Delos, in case they misplace them, for example if they are preparing for a due diligence;
- gives access to reduced arbitration costs in case of arbitration, if the contract was sent to Delos for registration within six months of having been signed;
- underlines the binding nature of the contract, as a result of the formalism of the Delos CRN notification to the parties;
- allows Delos to anticipate needs, for example by looking at the governing law of registered contracts. This in turn allows Delos to provide better dispute resolution services, for example by making sure that its database of potential arbitrators includes enough potential arbitrators with the relevant qualifications to ensure availability in case of dispute; and
- allows Delos to address Notices of Arbitration rapidly, for example if they are filed after hours with missing or incomplete information that Delos can retrieve from the contract registration.
All commercial or contractual information provided to Delos remains strictly confidential and shall not be provided to any third party without prior written agreement. Please note that registration of a contract does not constitute evidence or otherwise establish the existence, validity or effectiveness of the registered document as a contract between the parties.