- 04 November 2020
- 21 h 00 min - 22 h 00 min
Data, Privacy and Cyber Security Issues in International Arbitration
This webinar offers the guidance of experts on how arbitration can deal with substantive data, privacy and cyber issues arising in international disputes. It is jointly presented by Orrick and the Silicon Valley Arbitration and Mediation Center (SVAMC).
The highly experienced panelists will address current topics in arbitrating data and cyber issues, for example, arbitrability, mass arbitrations, multiplicity of proceedings, follow-on claims from data breaches, territorial limitations, interim and final relief and sanctions, future issues – how will arbitration deal with the ever growing importance and value of data. The paneliosts will put an up to date focus on data, privacy and cyber issues in arbitration proceedings, with discussion of current practices, remote hearings and technological advances, hearings protocols, increased cyber risks and steps to protect data integrity.
Les Schiefelbein, an independent arbitrator and the CEO of the Silicon Valley Arbitration and Mediation Center, will introduce the panelists and topics of data, privacy and cyber issues in international arbitration.
The panel of expert practitioners includes:
- Keily Blair, Partner, Cyber, Privacy and Data Innovation, Government Investigations and Enforcement Actions – Orrick (London)
- Jonathan W. Fitch, Moderator, Technology Arbitrator, Member of the Tech List, SVAMC’s List of the World’s Leading Technology Neutrals, Managing Partner – Fitch Law Partners LLP (Boston)
- James Hargrove, Partner, International Arbitration Team – Orrick (Geneva; London). Member, SVAMC
- Stan Putter, Partner, International Arbitration and Commercial Dispute Resolution – Conway Advocaten & Attorneys-at-Law (Rotterdam). Member, SVAMC
- Maxi Scherer, Professor, International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution – Queen Mary University, London; Special Counsel, Litigation/Controversy Department and International Arbitration – Wilmer Hale (London)
The program is complementary and open to all.
The event will take place on 4 November at 12pm PDT / 9pm CET.
Registration details will be posted soon. More details at https://svamc.org/event/data-privacy-and-cyber-security-issues-in-international-arbitration/.