DELOS IS AN INDEPENDANT ARBITRATION INSTITUTION THAT PROVIDES AN INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO COMMERCIAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION
DELOS's COMMITMENT TO THE IA COMMUNITY
Delos is committed to the international arbitration community. We describe below our related initiatives.
INAUGURAL EVENTS SERIES
The Inaugural Events Series provided an opportunity for exchange with the arbitration community about the Delos approach to arbitration and its emphasis on time and cost efficiency, combined with quality and flexibility.
- 15 March 2018 – Hong Kong, in conjunction with the 2018 Vis East Moot
- 11 April 2018 – Paris, as part of the 2018 Paris Arbitration Week
- 25 October 2018 – São Paulo, as part of the 2018 São Paulo Arbitration Week (first SPAW edition)
- 6 November 2018 – Madrid, in conjunction with the Club Español del Arbitraje (CEA)
- 14 November 2018 – Dubai, as part of the 2018 Dubai Arbitration Week
- 11 December 2018 – New York, with the support of the NYIAC
- 5 March 2019 - Singapore, in conjunction with AFIA
LONG VIEW EVENTS SERIES
Delos turned 5 in January 2019. To celebrate this milestone, Delos has initiated a series of events to take a long view of the evolution of international arbitration and the place of Delos within this wider narrative. Find out more here.
As part of engaging with the younger members of the arbitration community, Delos has established Delos-Y. This initiative is led by dynamic members of the international arbitration community.
GUIDE TO ARBITRATION PLACES (GAP)
The Delos Guide to Arbitration Places, known as the 'GAP', is designed to assist in-house counsel, corporate lawyers and arbitration practitioners with efficiently accessing key insights into a large range of jurisdictions, including for the purposes of negotiating the choice of arbitral seats and conducting arbitral proceedings in those jurisdictions.
The intersection of technology and international arbitration is not only increasingly topical, it is also increasingly present and shaping (our perception of) the future of international arbitration practice. Delos has accordingly created the Tech Channel for practitioners to stay abreast of tech developments relevant to the practice of IA (and dispute resolution). You can sign up for it here.
COVID-19 (and the coronavirus)
Delos has put together the following:
- a resource page on contractual and legal issues arising from the coronavirus impact on business contracts;
- a checklist for holding arbitration and mediation hearings in times of COVID-19; and
- a mapping of relevant resources on holding remote or virtual arbitration and mediation hearings.
Delos has initiated two webinar series: