A COMMUNICATIONS & EVENTS OFFICER
Argentina-based, full-time self-employed, native Spanish-English
Who are we?
Delos Dispute Resolution (Delos) is an independent arbitral institution. It was established in 2014 to respond to the needs of businesses globally for time and cost efficiency in the resolution of disputes through arbitration.
In plain English: we help to resolve international commercial disputes, and we’re on a mission to do so better, quicker, at a lower cost. We are a cross between a start-up and an international organisation – demanding on quality and professionalism, in a fun, caring and open global environment. We are now expanding the team, and you will have plenty of scope to grow, create and develop!
As the Communications and Events Officer, you will be working together with, and reporting to, our Communications and Events Manager. You will be responsible for promoting Delos and its activities to the arbitration community, notably the Spanish-language community, and for managing Delos events and some of its activities and programmes. You will also be engaged in a number of Delos projects and support the work of Delos’s President and other team members.
- Managing and supporting Delos’s communications across its various channels and member area, including website, mailings, and acting as a community manager for Delos. This involves design, drafting, liaising with partners and other organisations involved in arbitration, amongst other activities;
- Organising and supporting Delos's events and their marketing, liaising with partners and participants, and video editing. This includes Delos’s annual conference for the working group of its flagship Guide to Arbitration Places (GAP);
- Supporting the publication of the forthcoming second edition of the GAP;
- Taking part in Delos’s other projects and publications through administrative and logistical assistance, as well as design and communications; and
- Providing assistance to Delos’s President, volunteer teams and committees, and the organisation as it grows and develops, including administrative support.
Who are you?
Aside from the philosophical question, you are sharp, independent and proactive; you are fun, caring and thrive in a multicultural environment. You are ambitious to contribute and be part of an entrepreneurial adventure, and you have plenty of common sense. You are thoughtful, reflective, and can also switch gears when speed is needed. You learn fast and have an eerie level of attention to detail. Your writing and communications skills are excellent, you are a native Spanish speaker and your level of written and spoken English is of the standard of a native (Portuguese is a plus). You are based in Argentina, from where you will be working remotely full-time as a freelancer (on a self-employed basis).
In addition, you have: a bachelor’s degree in law, marketing, project management, or other subject relevant to the job (a master’s degree is a plus); excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and, ideally, of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign; and previous experience with e-mail marketing tools, WordPress and video editing tools. Familiarity with international arbitration is a plus.
Why join us?
The salary, benefits, hours of work are those of a start-up; and we’re offering the chance to really make a difference both within Delos and on a global scale. The team culture is collegiate, we care, personal growth is important, and we are keen on mentoring. You will be surrounded by brilliant people, lovely people, passionate people.
We would like you to start in March/April 2021.
How to apply?
E-mail us (i) your CV in English, (ii) a cover letter in Spanish and (iii) a description of no more than two pages in English of a project you have worked on, including its goals, how it was implemented and its impact, what the project meant to you and how you personally furthered the project’s objectives.