Who are we?
Delos Dispute Resolution (Delos) is an independent arbitral institution. It was established in 2014 to respond to the needs of businesses globally for time and cost efficiency in the resolution of disputes through arbitration.
In plain English: we help to resolve international commercial disputes, and we’re on a mission to do so better, quicker, at a lower cost. We are a cross between a start-up and an international organisation – demanding on quality and professionalism, in a fun, caring and open global environment. We are now making our first formal hire: you will play a key role in the team with plenty of scope to grow, create and develop! – and we may also get you involved in some pro bono work.
As the Communications and Events Manager, you will be responsible for promoting Delos and its activities, primarily to the arbitration community, and for managing Delos’s events and some of its activities and programmes. You will also assist on a number of Delos projects and support the work of Delos’s President and team.
- Managing Delos’s communications across its various channels, including website, mailings, newsletters and acting as a community manager for Delos. This involves design, drafting, elaborating communications strategy, liaising with partners and other organisations involved in arbitration, amongst other activities;
- Organising Delos’s events and their marketing, liaising with partners and participants, and video editing. This includes notably Delos’s annual conference for the working group of its flagship Guide to Arbitration Places (GAP);
- Supporting in the research, design and strategy for developing a membership programme for Delos, and managing its execution and related communications;
- Taking part in Delos’s other projects and publications through administrative and logistical assistance, as well as design and communications; and
- Providing assistance to Delos’s President, volunteer teams and committees, and the organisation as it grows and develops, including administrative support.
Who are you?
Aside from the philosophical question, you are sharp, independent and proactive; you are fun, caring and thrive in a multicultural environment. You are ambitious to contribute and be part of an entrepreneurial adventure, and you have plenty of common sense. You are thoughtful, reflective, and can also switch gears when speed is needed. You learn fast and have an eerie level of attention to detail. Your writing and communications skills are excellent, and your level of written and spoken English is of the standard of a native (French and/or Spanish are a plus).
In addition, you have: a bachelor’s degree (ou un mastère en France); excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and, ideally, of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; and previous experience with e-mail marketing tools, WordPress, online graphic design tools and video editing tools. Familiarity with international arbitration is a plus.
Why join us?
The salary, benefits, hours are those of a startup; and we’re offering the chance to really make a difference both within Delos and on a global scale. The team culture is collegiate, we care, personal growth is important, and we are keen on mentoring. You will be surrounded by brilliant people, lovely people, passionate people.
We are still deciding whether the role will be based in London (more likely) or Paris, and you should already be entitled to live and work in one of the two cities (we may decide on location based on where you are / can be based). With current COVID-19 travel and remote work restrictions, work will initially likely be remote.
We would like you to start over the summer (July/August 2020).
How to apply?
E-mail us (i) your CV, (ii) a cover letter and (iii) a description of no more than two pages of a project you have worked on, including its goals, how it was implemented and its impact, what the project meant to you and how you personally furthered the project’s objectives.